Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sep 3 - 9th, 2012

Monday
Holiday Monday and time for us to head home. We all had brunch then Art & Marge drove us to the airport.

When we got to the airport we found out that our flight was delayed 4 hours.  Jer & Lisa happened to be headed into Wpg along with Jon & Andrea who were headed home so we decided to hang out and have supper with them.

Finally got onto the plane after a 6 hour delay, got home 11pm ish.

Tuesday
Sad, sad news.  We found out that Grandma Dorothy passed away last night.  This is a picture of her a few months ago:




It is the first day of school so despite the bad news, tried to carry on as per normal as we awaited news of the funeral and tried to decide travel plans.  Part of that is to take first day of school pictures.  Despite being sad Tamara was willing to have pictures taken.  I also took a shot of her walking down the street to catch the bus.  Did that last year so I thought, why not again? I also noticed that our garden grew while we were away.  We actually had a sunflower head and the start of a pumpkin.






Wednesday
While I was away last week, I found out that I won a blog contest I had been playing over at Scrapbooker's Paradise Ponderings.  So I went to pick up my prize today.  Thank you Scrapbooker's Paradise!



I am feeling very tired today and Tamara & I have youth singers tonight.  I hope I have enough energy to get through the night.

Thursday
Have travel plans all confirmed to go to the funeral.

Friday
Off to Winnipeg.

Saturday
Viewing was tonight.  Funeral information is in the link.  Dorothy Reimer

Sunday
Grandma Dorothy's funeral service and internment today.  It was a beautiful service. Emotional.

Headed back to Winnipeg in the evening so we could stay at the airport hotel & then catch our early morning flight without too much hassle.

Hug your loved ones, let them know you love them.  Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment